0

Teenage Crushes

It wasn't until I first spoke to you,
That I started to worry about impressions,
And even expressions.
I knew from the beginning,
words were my Forte.
But it was you, the reason why I pursued it.

I don't think you'll remember or recollect,
I don't even know if you'd even noticed
How the silent and bookish kid in the class
Suddenly started to act different.
They say, teenage crushes are a thing of fancy
But for me, the impetus for transformation.

Three years of self imposed distancing
And ten years after,
Here we are today, laughing at the mockery
I had made of myself trying to impress you.
From a school time crush to a friend,
Someone who I treat as an extended family,
We have indeed come a long way.

0 Shared Thoughts:

Post a Comment

agree... disagree... like... love... hate... what ever you feel, have your say.. your comments are always welcome, and much valued

Penned to Life by Shravan. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top